Date - November 4, 2021
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
What does readiness mean? How can I be respectful of my child and hold consistent expectations? How can I teach consent and require my child to sit on the potty? How do I avoid shame for accidents? What are the actual skills I need to teach?
Join parent educator and childcare expert Ashley Robertson as she sheds light on this developmental milestone and ways to create foundational trust and respect during this transition.
Through this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List signs of readiness for potty training;
- List ways their individual style of parenting/child-rearing could affect potty training;
- Explain all the parts of consent;
- Explain the roles of consistency and using simple language during this milestone; and
- Feel empowered to guide their child through potty training as the expert
Tickets are available on a sliding scale ($3-$50) to ensure folx of varying economic backgrounds are able to access the sex education they deserve. We ask those who have the financial means to help “spread the wealth” by contributing to the community pool so that we can offer a limited number of sponsored free tickets to those who need it.
We kindly ask that those who have the financial means to purchase a ticket do so, and save our sponsored free tickets to those who do not.
To access this workshop for free, please enter the code SHIP-FREE when registering.