Date - April 7, 2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health is hosting a Zoom session with educator Ashley Robertson (she/her) on Potty Training & Early Sex Ed. This workshop is a part of their Spring Parent/Caregiver Mini-Series.
What does readiness mean? How can you be respectful of your child and hold consistent expectations? How can you teach consent and require your child sit on the potty? How do you avoid shame for accidents? What are the actual skills you need to teach?
Join parent educator and childcare expert Ashley Robertson as she sheds light on this developmental milestone and ways to create foundational trust and respect during this transition.
Through this workshop, participants will be able to:
- List signs of readiness for potty training;
- List ways their individual style of parenting/child-rearing could effect potty training;
- Explain all the parts of consent;
- Explain the roles of consistency and using simple language during this milestone; and
- Feel empowered to guide their child through potty training as the expert
Tickets are available on a sliding scale ($3-$30) to ensure folx of varying economic backgrounds are able to access the sex education they deserve. The CSPH asks those who have the financial means to help “spread the wealth” by contributing to the community pool so they can offer a limited number of sponsored free tickets to those who need it.
To access this workshop for free, please enter the code CSPH-FREE when registering.