Date - May 15, 2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The purpose of this lesson is to identify and correctly name the private parts of the body. Through discussions and picture books, students will learn the correct terminology and learn that it is okay to speak up when they feel uncomfortable about being touched in an unsafe or secret kind of way.
- students will be able to identify and correctly name the private parts of the body (vulva, vagina, clitoris, anus, breasts, penis, testicles, and scrotum)
- learn my body is private
- anything under your bathing suit is a private part
- for most boys, the private parts are the penis, the testicles, the scrotum, the breasts, and the anus and for most girls, the private parts are the breasts, anus, vagina, vulva, and the clitoris (the mouth is also included)
- the only reason someone would need to touch their genitals would be for wiping, washing, or if they hurt themselves.
- children will be asked to draw a picture of themselves in a bathing suit. They will be able to identify either through words or voice, where their private parts are
The book What’s the Big Secret by Marc Brown will be used in this lesson.
This event will be recorded. The link will be sent out via email through Eventbrite.
For kids ages 3+ with an adult. $25/family. REGISTER HERE.